The product is currently under development at Bristol Robotics Laboratory in collaboration with Echord to solve the following:
1. Automation of battery, having a USB port recharging.
2. Automation of the activation system, device should detect the pause and activate the motor that includes installing Accelerometer.
3. Making the electronics as micro as possible, involves PCB designing, hardware logistics.
4. Microelectronics further leading to other applications of the technology like wristband or wearable applications.
5. Monitoring the data from the accelerometer and recording it. This could later help the doctors to see the daily activity and assist in adjusting the dosage.
Click to enlarge images.